See a story evolve from the beginning stages, to a full blown story.

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy your visit to my writing blog! Please keep mind a few points however:
1: These posts are still drafts, but the older they are the more likely they are to have been edited to be more professional.
2: I have a life, so I'll have active stretches and inactive stretches. Just hang in there and keep poking me.
3: The posts are in the order they are posted, so you can either go through the archive, or start at the bottom of the page.
4: All posts should be in this format:
Heading--Chapter _(# of chapter)-_(# post in that chapter)

Body-- the actual story- the further since it says I posted, the better it should be.

Enjoy your self!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Chapter 5-1

Chapter 5 – Disaster

After the small celebration of the twins sixth birthday, Elizabeth let them run off and play in their new clothes, after warning them to stay close to the castle and to say in sight of their watcher.

After they were gone, she went to her bed and laid down. Holding a celebration, even a small one, for her children drained her. It took her less then two minutes to fall asleep.

A jerking woke her up. She sat bolt upright. “What is it? I was having a nap!”

It was Jaina. “Mommy, there are scary men outside. They were looking at us, and asking for you.”

Without hearing descriptions Elizabeth knew her fears where finally coming true. “Did you let them see you?”

If Jaina thought it was an odd question, she knew by now it was better not to ask questions about her mother's odd questions. “Yes. They asked us if they could see you.”

“Where's Kyle?” Elizabeth got out of bed and stretched.

“He's outside, waiting for you with the men.”

Elizabeth cursed inwardly. “Alright. I want you to stay here. After I've left, lock the door and don't let anyone in except your brother until I come back.” While she was giving instructions to Jaina, Elizabeth was going around the room, collecting her emergency supplies: a protective charm, an enchanted dagger, a thunderbolt charm, and a few other handy things. “Stay here.”

She strode out the door, and walked calmly down to the main hall, where her visitors and son were waiting. As soon as they were in earshot she started talking to Kyle. “Kyle! You were supposed to stay with your sister! Go find her!”

Kyle hung his head. “I'm sorry mother.” He strode off.

“You really shouldn't treat your children like that. You have realized they are special, no?” The man's voice was friendly, but Elizabeth detected something else underneath it.

“I'm not giving them to you,” Elizabeth had no time for politeness. She was ticked off now. “You and your government can go off and leave us alone.”

“What if I don't feel like it?” The man mocked her, goading her.

“I don't care. You will leave here now. The only way you can get my children is over my dead body.”

“Very well.” The man smiled. “If that's your decision...”

“Yes...guards!”

The man moved faster then she ever imagined. There was a dagger at her throat before she could finish her word. “Call them off!”

No comments: