See a story evolve from the beginning stages, to a full blown story.

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy your visit to my writing blog! Please keep mind a few points however:
1: These posts are still drafts, but the older they are the more likely they are to have been edited to be more professional.
2: I have a life, so I'll have active stretches and inactive stretches. Just hang in there and keep poking me.
3: The posts are in the order they are posted, so you can either go through the archive, or start at the bottom of the page.
4: All posts should be in this format:
Heading--Chapter _(# of chapter)-_(# post in that chapter)

Body-- the actual story- the further since it says I posted, the better it should be.

Enjoy your self!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chapter 3-5

X led the duke to the nearest prophesier table. A man with an immensely long grey beard was sitting there. The beard was wrapped around his waist and draped to the floor. His eyes were twinkling. “My lord.”

The duke nodded. “Good evening, Everst. What have you found now?”

“One of our prophecies has come true, right here in Alger! Here it is,” he handed over a short piece of parchment that on it was scribbled:

On the shortest night of the year the multicolored one will be born

This all powerful will come to save the world, or destroy it.

They will be fit for ruling, but you will not know their allegiance until it is too late.

Choose wisely, but do not strike them down.

Only when it is too late will true colors show.

Anger leads to darkness, Light is the way.

The duke read it twice. It was your usual prophecy: cryptic and mysterious. “Are you sure about this?” he asked.

“Absolutely sure,” responded Everst. “There is only one woman who is ready to have a child tonight, and tonight is midwinter. It has to be.”

For the first time that night Duke Alfred felt tired. “Excellent. Keep an eye on whoever it is. Bring them in for training when they're old enough.”

Everst hesitated. “It'll be a few years sire. We can't bring them in till they're six.”

The duke nodded. “I can wait. I've waited for 40 years, I can wait six more. Now excuse me, but I'm going to bed.” He nodded again to Everst, then to X. He turned, and strode out of the ministry.

Therefore, despite all of Chard's attempts to keep his children away from the government, the government learns about his children.

No comments: