See a story evolve from the beginning stages, to a full blown story.

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy your visit to my writing blog! Please keep mind a few points however:
1: These posts are still drafts, but the older they are the more likely they are to have been edited to be more professional.
2: I have a life, so I'll have active stretches and inactive stretches. Just hang in there and keep poking me.
3: The posts are in the order they are posted, so you can either go through the archive, or start at the bottom of the page.
4: All posts should be in this format:
Heading--Chapter _(# of chapter)-_(# post in that chapter)

Body-- the actual story- the further since it says I posted, the better it should be.

Enjoy your self!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Chapter 6-1

Chapter 6 – Abducted

Jaina waited for her brother patiently in her mother's room. She thought it was very odd that her mother had told her not to move from the room. Usually she could do almost anything she wanted. Her mother must be worried to have ordered her to not move from the room. Jaina lay down in her mother's bed, just vacated, and realized she didn't have anything to do. So she began to do her multiplication tables in her head. One times one is one, two times one is two. She did them at high speed and got to twenty times 46 equals 920. That's when she heard a knock on the door.

Carefully she slid off the bed, and walked to the door. There she knocked twice, paused, and knocked again. Two quick knocks sounded. She opened the door, and let her brother in. “Kyle, what's going on?” She wanted answers.

Kyle shook his head. “I don't know. Mother's gone crazy, if you ask me. I heard them start arguing as I left.”

“Why did you leave? You should have stayed!”

“You're always the troublemaker, aren't you?” Kyle's response brought Jaina into reality. Of course he hadn't stayed. It would have been dangerous to disobey their mother. “I didn't stay, because she ordered me up here.”

“Of course. What do you think is happening?”

“The cook's apprentice always tells me that mother is worried about the government. Maybe that's it?” Kyle's response was a complete guess, Jaina could tell from his voice.

“Maybe. But wouldn't the government come in with the army if we had done something? Or at least sent a diplomat. He didn't look like a diplomat.”

“He was nice, though. Maybe we're being rewarded for something our father did!” Kyle's voice carried hope, hope that something about their father might be revealed.

No comments: